But this time they are PANCAKE muffins! I had never heard of making pancake muffins, but after seeing Bakerella’s pictures, boy was I ever motivated!
My sister is totally into making cupcakes and she found this woman’s blog (she now has a book too!) with tons of great ideas. As I was looking through her posts I found this one for making <Mini Maple Pancake Muffins>. Mine don’t look anywhere near as professional as hers but they taste good and that’s all that matters to my husband and I 🙂 The fact that they are bite size is fun too! Thanks for stopping by ~ happy crafting and baking!
Mini Maple Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins.
(Someone please come up with a shorter name for these.)
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
2/3 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a medium bowl. Sift together with a wire whisk.
- In another bowl, stir buttermilk, egg, maple syrup and melted butter until just combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir with a spoon until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Reserve a few chips to sprinkle on the tops.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes.
Makes 24 mini pancake muffins.
Let cool slightly and remove from the pan. You may need to use a toothpick around the edges to separate the pancake muffins from the pan.
Serve immediately with warmed butter if you like or even just with maple syrup.
And some pictures to show you some of the cupcakes my sister made last summer for my dad and nephew’s birthday. Yes those veggies are made from candy!
My nephew enjoying his orca!